Statistics show that 70% of drug abusers are employed, and, on average, they found jobs in companies with no drug policy.
Substance abuse in the workplace causes:
- higher absenteeism;
- more accidents;
- higher health care costs;
- more theft;
- workplace violence;
- decreased productivity;
- lower profits to your bottom line.
Drugs Don't Work in NJ! was established to help business owners and public sector employers fight these problems by making their workplace drug-free. Drugs Don't Work in NJ! provides the following services free of charge:
- A Drugs Don't Work in NJ! Employer Kit to help plan a drug-free workplace program.
- Quarterly Updates to keep members informed about important legal and legislative developments concerning drug-free workplaces.
- An invitation to the Annual Members Seminar that focuses on important legal/legislative developments for maintaining a drug-free workplace
- A worksite visit from a Drugs Don't Work in NJ! field representative, trained to help businesses establish drug-free workplaces, upon request.
Founded in 1992, Drugs Don't Work in NJ! merged with the Partnership for A Drug Free New Jersey in 1999. As of April, 2006, more than 2,000 New Jersey companies have already joined this initiative and are experiencing the benefits of a drug-free workplace.